Wednesday, September 21, 2011

So sorry, late post!!

Today is Wednesday, doing a post meant for yesterday, and for that, I'm sorry! To make up for it, I'm gonna do a... BIG FOUR!! (This will not become a thing, alright, just for this post. Tomorrow it's back to the Big Three.)

1) On Monday, I started my new job as an iEFX ELA (Illinois Engineering Freshman Experience Educational Learning Assistant). Wow, that's a mouth full... I can see why they use the initialism. On Monday, it was just introductions, we formed teams, and started thinking about potential projects for the semester. I'm in charge of a group that takes a pre-existing product and improves it somehow (makes it easier to use, more efficient, etc.) I don't have to actually do any work for it, but I just have to watch over and facilitate. Today was my second day and we did more brainstorming on what they want to do. So far they seem to be in a pretty good place, and looks like they have a good semester ahead of them!

2) Normally, I really love my art class. Time based arts deals with film and animation, which are really cool to work with, and a nice complement to my technical classes. However, yesterday in class, we saw this very long, very boring film called Russian Ark. It was all done in a single take- which was pretty impressive. But there was no plot, little character development, and could've been much shorter. Our next project is doing a film all in one take, but at least we're doing short films. I'll post whatever I do, once it's finished!

3) Today I had a lunch with other people in Informatics- information technology. We all had Jimmy Johns (for free!) and talked about the club and minor. Pretty interesting stuff and both art classes I'm taking right now apply for it as well.

4) And then this afternoon, I went for a run with a friend. She's training for the Chicago marathon, but I just went for fun. We only did 3 miles, which didn't feel so bad, and the weather was amazing today!

Alright, well, once again, sorry about the late update. I'll get Thursday on time. TTFN!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so much I could comment on! I guess I'll comment on number one. Your job sounds interesting! So it's only the freshman who have to improve the product? How did you get this job? Could you just apply, or did you get recommmended..? and p.s. jimmy johns for FREE!!? AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete