Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Post Before Bedtime!

Hello again readers! It's getting pretty late. I'm done with all the studying/homework I can do for now. I need to wait for one of my ordered books to arrive before I can do my math homework. But anyway, that doesn't mean I can't do a Big Three! So here we go!!

1) Yesterday I had things pretty easy, just one class: Basic Discrete Mathematics. While not my favorite, it was still interesting. We talked about different sets and basic number theory. Natural numbers are all positive integers (like 1,2,3). All integers are all whole numbers (like -3, 0, 5). All rational numbers are all numbers that can be put into a fraction (such as 3/5 and 7/88). And all real numbers encompasses all of those plus all irrational numbers (including pi!). Hope that all makes sense!

2) Today I had my leadership class, ece 190, time arts, and I'm taking another art class- Interactive Art. The leadership class was really fun, we did this game where we got into teams of five. Then had to use our bodies to act out some kind of appliance and the rest of the class had to guess what. It was a good exercise in team work! ECE 190 was the intro/syllabus day. We didn't get into too much yet, but I definitely want to stay on top of it. And then time arts started out to be pretty good. We are going to be using Adobe After Effects, so I have to learn how to do that. And then Interactive Art was also really cool. Both classes go into a possible Informatics Minor.

3) And last thing before I really go to bed. Tonight we had a floor meeting where I met everyone who's living with me. We did a Bingo ice breaker and then went over the Hendrick House rules. Oh! And Dan came back this morning, and tonight I finally saw him again!

Anyway, I'm really tired, so I'm going to go to bed. Good night, readers!!

1 comment:

  1. i'm definitely going to comment on number 1! The stuff you explained makes TOTAL sense because... *drumroll* WE WENT OVER THE EXACT SAME THINGS IN MY MATH CLASS! :O About the counting/natural numbers, whole numbers, integers, rational, irrational, real, and then imaginary. And I totally got the imaginary numbers because i remember that ONE bike ride when you explained it! XD Haha, just thought it was interesting how both our math was similar yesterday! :P

    ReplyDelete