Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bluh-awg Pohst Ell-eh-vuhn

Alright, how it usually works with these blog posts is we talk about three events that happened that day (or the previous day). And I'm still planning to do that, but this time, there's a clear stepping scale from terrible to awesome. So, for the moment we've all been waiting for, onto the Big Three!!

1) Last night I had my ECE 190 final exam. To put it bluntly, it was the hardest test I've ever taken in my life. On my white board, I clock in the hours I put in to study for each class. For this, I logged 28 hours of studying, but that still didn't prepare me for what they had to throw at me. The only thing I'm hoping for is partial credit and a nice curve. Everyone else in the class thought it was really tough too, so at least that's a fairly good sign... I'm not alone. I just really hope I do well in this class. Fingers crossed.

2) Now usually after a hard test, I like to have a little time to unwind and relax. But lo and behold, I had another test nine hours later. So I got my physics stuff and studied from 11 until 3 in the morning. My test was at 8 am, so I wanted to at least get a couple hours of sleep. But I couldn't sleep until 4 am. A mix of caffeine and anxiety of the previous and next test were keeping me up. Eventually I went to sleep, but my alarm clock woke me up way too early (7 am to be exact). I got some breakfast and, was going for more coffee, but opted for hot cocoa instead. Thankfully, this test went WAY better than the night before. I actually think I did pretty well on it. So yay!

3) And the third event. Most awesome. I got a 3DS!! Hendrick House had a raffle with all proceeds going to Japan Relief. It is so awesome. I have to show you once I get back!!

Anyway though, you thought studying was over, but no way! Here comes Calculus II studying for a test this Friday!! More studying ahoy!!

2 comments:

  1. firstly, I have to say I laughed right when I read this title. :) Out loud I started to say it, and it just sounded so funny! especially the "ell-eh-vuhn" part :D. Anyways...
    Oh My Gosh ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!? YOU GOT A 3DS!?!?!?! FOR FREEEEE!?!?!?!?! when? how? when was this raffle? who could enter? HOW many people entered? TELL ME MORE!!
    sorry, but this comment is commenting on more than one event, but that's because your day had a lot going on. I'm sorry about your ECE 190 test... You just have to wait and see how you did on it.. Hey, maybe you didn't do as bad as you thought..? That's good to hear that the second one was better, though. How many more finals do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's just "blog post 11"

    Anyway though, yeah!! Well, technically it wasn't free. It cost $5 for the raffle ticket. But there was a less than 2% chance of winning. (5/250+). I can't wait to show you some of the stuff the 3DS can do, it's really cool!! The 3D effect is especially amazing!

    And on the opposite side of the Awesomeness coin, thanks, I really hope they have a good curve, so the test ends up better.

    I have one more test. Calc II this Friday night. So I still have some time to study, but here's hoping I do well!! =D

    ReplyDelete