Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Boy(s) Are(Is) Back in Town!

Hello dear readers! After being away for winter break, now we're back! Let'sa go with el TRES GRANDES!!

1) Last Saturday- the first day I've been back- a group of friends and I went sledding. It was the first time sledding in about a year, so it was definitely a lot of fun. After about two hours though, it got excruciatingly cold, so some of us left early to go to the ARC. At the ARC we went swimming, and warmed up in a sauna. Pretty awesome way to start out coming back to school!

2) Monday was Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so in the morning, I went to this church where they had a service/breakfast to his influence and memory. I didn't know anybody there, but still felt a very welcoming environment. One girl gave a speech on King's effect on her life. She gave a really good talk except for the fact that she started saying "Dictionary.com defines 'Taking a stand' as..." which is a rather weak opening. Later on, she told some personal anecdotes, so it might've been a stronger start if she began with one of those. Either way, it was a great experience.

3) Yesterday (Tuesday) was my first day of classes. I only had two classes that day (compared to the five I have today). I had a physics lecture and interaction II. Physics wasn't too bad, but is suppose to get worse. And interaction is pretty fun, and is suppose to get better! Haha, well, we'll see how today's classes go.

Check back with you all this Thursday! Oh, and to one of my special readers out there, good luck on finals!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha thanks ;) Comment on number 2! That's great that you went to that. In English class on Tuesday, we read and annotated his speech. It was really really good- I don't think I ever read the entire thing until that day. He really had a way with words!~

    ReplyDelete